Buildings and Machinery

Reed Gold Mine - Main Operating Buildings, 1880s

Main Operating Buildings at Upper Hill, ca. 1880

The building at left is the engine/millhouse—with connecting assembly from steam engine to pump. The top of the Cornish pump is visible at the top of the mine shaft. Above the shaft is the headframe.

Across the shaft from the enginehouse is the whim house, where a winding machine hoisted ore from below.


Return to top of page

Return to the Reed Gold Mine home page