This fine two-story structure, adjacent to St. Thomas Church, was probably built between 1827 and 1832 for Jesse B. Lucas. The present home is possibly the third to occupy the lot.
In the 1840s, the house was owned by Dr. John F. Tompkins, a noted agricultural reformer and founder of the North Carolina State Fair.
In 1850, the home and property was sold to William V. Bonner for one thousand dollars.
In 1877, it passed to the Williams family, who would own the house for 60 years. Today, it is generally known as the Williams House.
The Reverend A. C. D. Noe bought the property in 1937, and in 1945 he transferred it to the Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina for use as a rectory.
This is a private dwelling and is not open to the public.
Reeves, Linda, ed. Bath Towne. Raleigh, N.C.: North Carolina Office of Archives & History, n.d.