The Palmer-Marsh House — Ipix Merchant's Shop/Office Tour



Fullscreen QuickTime VR Image

The Palmer-Marsh House was built about 1751 by French merchant Michael Countanche. This room may have served as Coutanche’s merchant shop since the door on the west wall that led out to the town’s main street would have been convenient for customers. In 1764 the home was purchased by Surveyor General and Port Collector Col. Robert Palmer. Currently, it is interpreted as a Council Room where Palmer would have met with various individual regarding local government issues.

Virtural Tour Images by Technipix

Return to Virtual Tour page


Return to top of page

Return to the Historic Bath home page